Saturday 26 January 2008

Porsche style fan hand polishing & new doka guest

Last night I polished the Porsche style fan from the type 4 engine of my Beetle.
This was the way it looked before polishing:


I began with 500 sandpaper on the lip:


Then 800 and 1200:


Then hand polished with Auto Glym metal polish:


After that, I had the center demounted and decolored by Fabio at Hot Heads Garage in Milan:


So I began also here with 500 sandpaper, then 800 and 1200:


And finally polished by hand. It's not perfect, but I like it!


This weekend I got back to Pistoia to see my nephew (he is only 2 weeks old!). Today it was a splendid day, cold but sunny, so I enjoyed the bed of my doka, soon Silvia reached me:



Then also my nephew enjoyed the bed, becoming the youngest VW fan in the family:



Sure the suspension will hold all this weight?

No comments: